My boss said that he would love to do that, but I still needed some stuff.
So then I called the Red Cross. I think that they are a little overwhelmed with donations and help, and they said that they really appreciated the offer, but they didn't have anything that needed shipping, that wasn't already being taken care of.
So, truck... but no stuff.
Then I called my church, North Hills Community Church, and sure enough, there was a guy that was organizing supplies for a town. He had a truck that was going to be used, but the offer kept falling through. So he had stuff but no truck.
You might be wondering why the title of this post is "A Possibility..." Well, I am still waiting on my boss. I need to know if he has a truck available from the 11th to the 13th. He is supposed to call me back tonight to let me know.
If you are a praying person, I would like to ask you to pray that this all works out. I should know by morning whether or not the truck is available. But we are also in need of some plastic totes to put the supplies in. We are hoping that we can get enough totes so that when we distribute supplies, we can just hand each family a tote full of supplies.
I will post as soon as I know if the truck works out. And then I will keep you posted on any other developments.
Thank you for your prayers.