I haven't been tagged in quite a while, so I wasn't sad about getting tagged from truegrit.
Here are the Rules:
Those tagged will share 5 things they “love” about Jesus. Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers. Those tagged will provide a link in the comments section here with their name so that others can read them.
1. He loves us. I have to give this reason as number one, because the only reason why I love Him at all is because He first loved us.
2. He was one of us. I love Him because He walked the dust of this earth. I absolutely love that about Christ. He was a baby, a toddler, an adolescent... He was one of us, yet without sin. In every way He was tempted like us, but He did not sin. He maintained perfect communion with the father, even though He was a man. If that is not enough to win the respect and love of every man, I don't know what is.
3. He was moved with compassion. While He was on this earth, there are so many times that He looked on crowds of people, or on one beggar, and He was moved with compassion.
4. He died for us. He became sin for us, and took the wrath of God for us. He did it, and He did it at our hands. The very hands He came to save are the hands that drove the nails and held the handle to the whip. He knew all of this before He came, and still He came.
5. His name. I love the fact that one day every knee will confess His name as Lord. All of the doubters, all of the mockers, all of the people who believe that He is just one of many truths... One day there will be no more doubt. I love that.
Now I need to tag five people...
2. the gnarly dudette
3. Rick Boyne
4. Rodney Olsen (unless he has already done this one)
5. and even though she usually doesn't do this kind of stuff, my wife